Tuesday, December 16, 2008

FEATURED: Holiday Gift Ideas for the New Depression

Embrace the collapsing economy, give your loved one a vintage pulp paperback: Classic Noir fiction populated with doomed characters spiralling downward into the abyss; Science Fiction filled with an endless parade of future worlds, each more dystopian than the next; Literary fiction masquerading as sleazy expoitation; All bound between lurid , shocking, surreal covers. Prices range from absurdly cheap to unrealistically expensive.


Edmund Cooper, Deadly Image

Poul Anderson, Earthman Go Home!


Frederic Brown, What Mad Universe


Frederic Brown, We All Killed Grandma


Ray Bradbury, The October Country


James Blish, The Night Shapes


William Dexter, Children of the Void


Philip K. Dick, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

First Edition


Frank Kane, Green Light for Death


Brett Halliday, Fit to Kill


Richard Walker, Mort all'interno 6


Richard Wilson, 30 Day Wonder

(Richard Powers cover!)


Poul Anderson, Guardians of Time

(Richard Powers cover!)



Agatha Christie, The Boomerang Clue



Henry Miller, Nights of Love and Laughter



Rex Stout, Over My Dead Body



William Faulkner. Sanctuary



Mickey Spillane, I, The Jury



Mickey Spillane, My Gun Is Quick



Perry Lindsay, Swamp Girl



Dashiell Hammett, The Thin Man



Edgar Box (Gore Vidal) Death Likes It Hot


All titles can be purchased from:

Brickbat Books
709 South Fourth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

215 592 1207

Open every day, 11am to 7pm.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com